If the public is "to participate more [in government] than just via the ballot box, then they need proper access to information"

-- Joanne Caddy, (Nov 2001), "Why citizens are central to good governance", OECD Observer

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gina Conrod - Halifax Regional School Board - School District 2

From:
conrodavon@eastlink.ca

To:
darce@eastlink.ca

Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2008 5:54 PM

Subject: Response to your request.


I am a candidate for School Board in upcoming election for District 2. I believe my job if elected will be to be the voice of my district and advocate for what they want and need. I will be a public servant and believe I have the skill set to perform well for my district on the Board. If elected I would advocate for open communication on all matters relating to public policy. I believe that all levels of government should be held accountable for decisions made on the constituents behalf. The voter puts their trust in elected officials and therefore should be privy to what goes on behind closed doors.

I am unsure what you were asking of me , but hope this lets you know my stand on your cause and would appreciate support in District 2 as I am excited to be elected to School Board. I have 2 girls who will benefit from their education in HRM and I myself attended schools in HRM. My vested interest along with volunteering and seeing first hand what is happening in the schools gives me insight and credibility.


Thank you for your interest,

Gina Conrod

School Board Candidate, District 2


conrodavon@eastlink.ca


http://www.hrsb.ns.ca/content/id/1061.html

No comments: