If the public is "to participate more [in government] than just via the ballot box, then they need proper access to information"

-- Joanne Caddy, (Nov 2001), "Why citizens are central to good governance", OECD Observer

Monday, September 29, 2008

Pam Sullivan - Halifax Regional School Board - School District 4

From: "Pam" <sullyrock@hfx.eastlink.ca>

To: <darce@eastlink.ca>

Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 6:32 PM

Subject: response to your letter



Hello, I received your letter and am happy to respond through this email. I am certainly in favour of full openness and disclosure as well as accountability. It's certainly a song I've been singing my whole life (rants in the kitchen while listening to yet another CBC story about a crooked politician) so it would be more than just a little hypocritical of me at this point to say otherwise. I believe fully and completely that people in elected positions have a responsibility to the people who put them there to be as forthcoming and honest as they possibly can. The arrogance of certain politicians (who shall remain nameless) in this regard is something which never ceases to amaze me. For me, my reasons for wanting to run for the School Board are purely around the kids - not just my two, but all kids. Anything which will better inform parents and help them to better understand the system as well as the part they play in the process is obviously the right way to go. Hope this was what you were looking for.


Pam Sullivan

sullyrock@hfx.eastlink.ca

http://www.hrsb.ns.ca/content/id/1062.html


No comments: