If the public is "to participate more [in government] than just via the ballot box, then they need proper access to information"

-- Joanne Caddy, (Nov 2001), "Why citizens are central to good governance", OECD Observer

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

John Stoddard - Municipal - District 22 Timberlea - Prospect

From: The Stoddards

To: Darce Fardy

Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:53 PM

Subject: Re: Replies on website

Hi Mr. Fardy,


... I am against the secrecy and I am all for a more open and accountable council. I want nothing less than to restore the people's faith in democracy. I want to change the very culture of city hall. When you have secrecy, it gains power over the very people who created it. I thank you for your interest.


Sincerely,

John Stoddard.


mailto:dunsweet@eastlink.ca



No comments: